Saturday, December 4, 2010

Reflecting 2010 and Creating 2011

How time flies, we have left 3 more weeks for 2011 and am another year older. Sigh…so many ups and downs in early 2010. I cried non stop especially friendship, I really learned a lot about myself and my real friends. Very sad when people I thought were my friends, they leave me for the next best thing that comes along. Very sad when I gave myself unconditionally, without expectation, simply because I love them, respect them, care for them but then I was told that we cannot ball up and stand up for the friendship, sad that I’m simply not worth the effort. It broke my heart to think about, it still hurt! I admit I may not be the best friend in your world but I can honestly say I have the biggest heart, and I always sincere in everything I do. What a feeling of relief it is to believe that everything happens for a reason, I was firm on my decision, people change so I learn to let go, no one is 100% perfect!!

The holidays are here and so is the spirit of love, reflection, gratitude and giving. Fast forward in 2010, I am also thankful for being blessed along with joys and excitements. First, Thank you to all my students for your continuous support. I love you all! I'll continue to follow my passion to engage in both quality teaching in coming years. I make a list I want to teach next year. Must be determined what I want my students to learn and why. Make some of those determinations now before I turn my calendar to the New Year. It’s a long list and I need a couple of days to allow my mind to find these nuggets!

I dedicated myself to eating healthy and I had a very disciplined belly dancing & yoga. I took up an intense yoga practice every Tuesday. It was my "church". This was heaven for me because I was learning how to break the addiction of thoughts and just be at peace. My body - So happy I am still wearing the same size jeans that I wore when I was 28!! Yipppie! I am excited about new projects that I have planned up my sleeve. I am changing things up a little bit. This year I really made an effort to reach out and connect with more like minded people. I have found wonderful communities and I can see next year will be a better year! My heart is so joyous and I'm so proud to be working with the most amazing master on my projects. I'm humbled by the good will, the enthusiasm and professionalism of everyone involved. Thank you belly dancers/teachers/students. You Rock!!! More project coming up and  I'm committed hosting three wonderful master workshops, Yipppe!!Poster and details coming up soon!!

I had a chat with my student last night. I told her I am going to have another gathering before December 31st that I want to add “most fun” gathering. Too often fun gets sidelined, especially near the busy end of the year. I will not let it happen this time, make sure that we have some big fun before the end of the year.

My blog - I got some readers. Not a lot, but some. I got a little bit of traffic. There have been times when I’ve wanted to give up (and I actually did a few times). However, I’m still blogging. A few readers said some nice things about what I wrote. Thanks! I wish express my special Thanks for all the encouragement you have given me in the past (some thru my email & text sms). Facebook – I blocked some of friends from viewing my profile. Website - I start updating my website designed. I hope to have it up and running in the next couple months. Lot of writing to do!

Been reading a lot of Bible Study Notes, inspirational articles and touching stories recently. Sometimes, I would experience such gratitude that I would be brought to tears. But still I did not understand a lot of things but I do found a lot of things in there that supported what I believed about God. God created everything, he has the power to do anything and control everyone, but he give us freedom to choose between right and wrong, it was evident to me that it mattered a lot what I chose to do or how I chose to act. Deep down inside I knew that one day I would have to give an account for all my deeds. Yes, God sees everything and hears everything at everywhere. God loves everyone everywhere all the time no matter what. I promise, pray hard, work hard and trust God! 

Peace and Blessings to all.


When the calendar turns to a new year, it means more to learn,  change and improve.  A new chapter start, these actions will be like magic in my life.

4 comments:

  1. You are awesome Annie. With your big heart, big dreams, and endless passion - it's the simple things that blow your mind the most. When your supposed friends cannot be your friends, they are NOT your friends. This is such a sad, but true fact of life, you must learn in the end... Hope your day is filled with love and blessings..

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shud continue to blog. Itz a good way to release ur tension and stress. It helps u keep record of history and u can learn from it. Friends come and go, but that doesnt mean we change. We must alwiz stand firm to our own principle & be proud of it. We don't have to alwiz compromise our stand for the sake of others, we can be objective wif what we believe in and be true to it.
    Don't be overly emotional; knowing that not all frenz will stand by you. But know that God will alwiz stand by you; if not, He wund'nt hv sent His Only begotten Son to die for all our shortcomings, mistakes and misdoings. A broken heart God will not forsake. He heals & mends a broken spirit.
    Move on wif ur head held high and be proud that you are doing great in all that you have done.
    Continue to run a good race and finish it with confidence and expectation of a good victory.
    God Bless.
    jp

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just starting knowing or befriending you (online) but after reading your post (i hope u don't mind, i read it) i see that you might be one of those beautiful people brought on earth to make others feel beautiful.
    It seemd your heart is so humble & kind.
    Never mind those "friend" who hurt you, it happens.
    Sometimes, kind people like to be taken advantage off... but that doesn't mean we have to stop being kind.
    Cos there will be other kind soul out there who will appreciate your kindness.
    And make you feel even more beautiful.
    I feel that if we should surround ourselves with these kinda beautiful people that makes us happy. We will be at most peace.
    Spread the love...
    & lots of love to u!

    -Katz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Eva,JP and Katz,

    Thank you, all of you, for the wonderful, supportive comments you made. "You Light Up My Life".

    Once again, Thank you for that, sincerely.

    ReplyDelete