Saturday, December 11, 2010

December Update - New Newbie & Advance Class


Today I am cleaning my house and have been deciding what to keep and what to let go. Letting go of something I can’t have, letting go things that are not ‘MINE’ .  I am packing and getting things that make my heart just sing. 

I'd been wanting to go on an adventure, but had been so busy it just hadn't become a reality. It is a very hectic time for me when holiday mood sets in, especially  Christmas and  New Year. Oh….how sad  I never have a chance to walk down the streets of Orchard road this time.  I love the snow-themed everything and  I even love the non-stop playing of  Christmas music there. I don’t know how is the decoration for this Christmas. I hope it is not  too bright, I like decorations that create an atmosphere of winter.

Inspiration and motivation is coming at me fast and furious this week. Just yesterday I started a new beginner class for  every Sunday & Thursday. They are my new newbie!  I also started advance choreography for my senior students, 6 of  them really had fun with it. It was a lot of hard work, a lot of "wows". During  the 2 hours sessions, we just managed to dance for 32 seconds of whole track of 5 minutes music. I received the sms from my student after the class. She  told  me she is crazy fell in love with the music and my intelligence choreography. I think I always manage to surprise one another with the variety of styles and the quality of choreography that I come up with. They are my amazing students,  we're constantly learning from each other. I appreciated for what they do and the unique way in which they do it.

On a positive note, my attitude are more important than my intelligence. I see the reason why other can do, I also can do it, not the reasons why I can’t. I concentrate on my assets, that is  positive attitude to use my mind to create and develop an idea. Always develop  an ‘I can do it’ attitude.  So I put a lot of pressure on myself to work hard and believe in myself, believe I can do it. When I'm accomplishing some idea so I am super motivated. On the other hand, I read some articles about training, professionalism, career development and practical advice for dancers. It's definitely geared towards professionals which is great. I love it.

Many more private classes are lined up in the next few days for those who have always had trouble their turnout, they have to work on one-on-one technique sessions to get quick improvement. I say to myself,  doing something I  love and are passionate about and sharing it with others can be such a fulfilling journey, I loved to dance I loved to teach,  I'm glad I did. There is much to be thankful for!  

15 New Newbie in this class, a little crowded.

6  in  Advance, 3 didn't turn up.


3 comments:

  1. So good, i hope to be dancing again starting Jan next year!
    All this posts has made me fire-up my passion again (Hehehehe)!
    Lots of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Katz!

    With very little time but a lot of passion and determination sure we can. One of the things I really believe is never stop dancing!

    Sending shimmying all the way to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow i love what u said...
    "With very little time but a lot of passion and determination sure we can"...
    It meant alot to me! It'll be my motto now! Hehehe!
    Thanks for the Shimmy!!! :D
    Hehe~!

    ReplyDelete