Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Last Post in 2010 - Joy of Receiving

The Joy of giving – better to give than receive. “All giving is an expression of joy. This is a great reminder. We give because of love, and we give without expecting anything in return. Give whatever you can to help others, be it may be time, food, consulting, services, money. If we only give with the expectation of receiving in return, we are missing the joy of giving. It's important to remember to give from our heart and not from a feeling of  MUST.

I learn to be independent from young age. I do the best I can not to rely on others for help. Ever since I used to have this mindset that whatever kind gestures I received from others, I have to return it back one day. I will only have peace in my mind after I have duly returned the kind gestures. I think I give more than I receive.

My students/friends gave me some souvenir each time after their holiday trip :) I cannot describe my joy thru this blog. I greatly appreciate in those little things. It doesn’t matter how small the gift is. It can be something as simple as a card or text message, but the excitement of receive each one of them brings a little delight into my heart.

My best friend gave me this book as one of my Christmas gift last week -  In The Sphere of Silence.  I felt joy in my heart. I went home and read it through the rest of the night and all through the next day until I finished it. I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it! Among books that talk about the secrets of success, this is the only one that specifically deals with the importance of SILENCE. And now I can see much clearer in SILENCE and Peace. I end with a personal plea : don't stop writing, I felt ready to conquer the world, woohooo!! Thanks Vijay Eswaran. It’s time for me to move forward with what I want for my entire life. I highly recommend it to you if you need to change your 21st century Lifestyles.

Well, while it is better to give than to receive, I am willing to receive when someone gives in earnest. If I don’t, I deprive them of that warm, fuzzy feeling. I am now able to view the whole situation in a different perspective. When I receive/take, I’m actually giving the chance for my friend to enjoy the pleasure of giving and sharing. If done in the right spirit, giving and receiving are one and the same. There should be a balance in all things - Giving without expecting anything in return, and receiving with gratitude. I hope I am right to say so!

This will probably be my last post before Christmas 2010, since I’m trying to take some time off around the holidays. I'm excited! I'm looking forward to a break. I do have a lot of stuff lined up though for after Christmas and the new year, I will be back soon.

If you celebrate Christmas, I wish you have A Very Merry Christmas, indulge as much as you like, forget about work and then get ready to get back on it in 2011!

With much love!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annie,
    Thank you for sharing the book. I just bought it at Amazon after I read your post last week. I am at work so having a naughty look over. I love it and your right, It is powerful. I just want to thank you for bringing this to light. I love you too!

    Paul.

    ReplyDelete