Sunday, October 17, 2010

My New Warm Up Excercise!

Last two week, I have back ache when I got out of bed in the morning. After sitting over for too long, I felt pain in my right hip, I could barely walk or stand. The pain in my low back was so severe that I could not even begin to do my warm up routine that I had done in the past. My entire experience was a pressure.  It was unusual for me. I went to the doctor, after injection and taking pain medication for a week, I felt some relief. The relief got better after every day.

Now here’s the thing, during my warm up session, I do different exercises depending on what I feel I need the most. Obviously, I need to adjust my routine, I don't want more damage but I do need to exercise my back regularly. In order to warm properly and to avoid to curl my back forward, I started with standing exercise mostly stretching before I did the aerobic dance for my warm-up! Of course, I probably knew what is aerobic activity. I did all these moves in my aerobics class for the past ten years. Once I do, my mind connected while getting the aerobics dance moves put into different sequences and combinations. I did a lot of the step-touch in different directions for variation too, it was much more fun and we were sweating at the end!

Well, I was surprised my students love it! And they wanted more! Oh, my goodness, they made me proud. I have to fit an exercise routine into my already busy schedule, I'm not sure I could do it two times a week. And I know that I definitely prefer belly dancing. I would missed that when teaching fitness, but being a good workout/sport, I will think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment