Saturday, October 9, 2010

New Choreography - Tribal Solo



Malaysia Tribal Festival on 9 Oct - I bought the ticket  but I am not going because I am exhausted! The exciting things that is my lovely kid belly dancer Grace Heng will perform  a Tribal Fusion Solo. 

I just choreographed my new tribal solo after Taiping competition. Good thing Grace had learned  the fundamentals of tribal style steps, foot and arm in Nanci Traynor workshop, so It is easier part for me to brush up on technique with body awareness, example the Flamenco posture, make sure  my little tribal dancer wont lost it when she dance fusion. I know it's a small point, but it makes a big difference to the authentic flamenco look. And  I  am  proud and confidence that I always  respect the genre I am  fusing with. 
Grace in Tribal Costume
I am sure Nanci Traynor will be happy when she watch Grace perform a Tribal Solo. I wish she can go shine on the stage tonight!  So if you see her, please help me to give some courage to her, her parents and her friends (6 of them) will be there with her too. Thanks a lot! 

Grace had costume rehearsal last night, I laughed so much when she said  this to me "Teacher, my head is so heavy with all the stuff on my head" :D:D:D

How I wish I can be there tonight .....

No comments:

Post a Comment