Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Way You Learn...

This morning sneaked out an hour to teach my students technique and drills. I hope them to learn, to grow, to explore, to expand their minds. Of course, they also wanted more, unfortunately I don’t have too much time. I also want them to know that I care about them, and I am grateful for extra class opportunities like this to share that with them. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I can finally teach students who can pick up my steps!!!

My students asked me HOW I feel when I teach ‘technique drills”. Well, very few people understand the frustration of teaching inexperienced dancers. You know, I'm not knocking my student because dance is for everyone and it's never too late to start and all that good stuff. All I'm saying is that it takes a special kind of person with the right kind of patience to guide new dancers in their first steps. Still, the most important aspect is DISCIPLINE. You can have all of the talent in the world, but if you don't have DISCIPLINE you aren't going to learn.

Wow…. I’ve shown you a lot today. To make it all come together -- DISCIPLINE, ENERGY, DELICACY, and the TECHNIQUE of course, to be a pretty good all around dancer. So definitely you need a lot of work. Jia You…….

No comments:

Post a Comment