Monday, March 2, 2009

Why I'm Happy To A Beginner Class

I've been belly dancing for almost 5 years, but in truth, I'm still concentrating on my posture and technique.
We drills hard last night in class. For example, the regular hip drop – Of course I know how to do a hip drop. If the hip drop on the right leg, all of weight is on our left leg, left leg is supporting and knee should be soft, not bend and right foot is up on the toe with the knee bent, Obviously, I saw my students obvious bend with their supporting leg, and same to the simple step - step and touch, too much bend.

I have a bad habit I want to correct my hip drop. I want to drop it with my oblique not with my foot, I am driving it so hard with my right toe held up off the floor with my left leg is basically straight. I am fine with the drop but the bend still there, although it's not a huge obvious bend, but it's there! So that part I know I'm doing wrong, but the standing pose is not quite what I want it to be. Of course this is not for the beginner hip drop.
Anyway, I know it’s take time to practice and It’s hard! I am taking Hadia's Teacher Training, that is a lot of excellent information and the shimmy fest real fun. I am her newbies class starting over with everyone, so I can be a much, much better dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment