Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Vietnam Trip


I am back at work today! I'm thrilled that I'm getting better. When I went into my workspace this morning  to grab a few things, First - I tried to remember what I was doing. That's what it has been!! A week of discoveries….first – my Vietnam trip photos.

My Vietnam trip was easy and free holiday! The people and culture of Vietnam have certainly made an impact on me. So much to tell all of my adventures while in Vietnam, and so much that I'm sure I have yet to realize and recall in last 3 weeks  and not immersed in the fascinating Vietnamese culture.

First was the motorcycles!!!!! There were motorcycles everywhere. Seriously, it’s impossible to cross the road because of the motorcycles! Our young tour guide said if you don’t have motorcycle in Vietnam, you cant find a girlfriend. 

We  visited to Cu Chi Tunnels! Before entering the tunnels we watch a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed. It’s was an unique experience and a feel of what underground life in the American war time. There were also a numerous 500 pound bombs craters made by the bombers. At Chu Chi tunnels they even have a shooting range where you can shoot  M16, M60 or AK47 & etc. I bought  5 bullets to shoot the M-16s, First time in my life for shooting. After the small shooting we then return back to hotel. We took a quick shower and headed to the Ben Thanh market! The Ben Thanh markets  (shoppers paradise).  It is  located within walking distance from our hotel in district one.

Visited to Mekong Delta next day - which is known as the rice bowl of Vietnam. There are lots of islands and towns around the Delta and we visited many of them and travelling around them by boats!  Passing by local villages we can see their peaceful daily life. Then we got on a small rowing boat (a sampan) to explore the narrow water ways around the island. We went to another island , where we were shown how they make coconut candy, rice noodle, visited a bee farm, sip special tea with honey,  enjoy tropical fruit and  watched a Vietnamese traditional music! Then had lunch and some of our tour members went on a bike ride to explore the island and local village. But we just sat relax and enjoyed the local Vietnam coffee in the restaurant. In the 3rd day  we went to Cai Rang floating market . See the beautiful scenery and daily activities of the locals. Walk around a village, visit a rice mill. Have lunch at a local restaurant on the way back to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City)

We only had I day trip in  Mekong Delta - it was a great escape from bustling Saigon and a chance to see how Vietnamese people live and make a living.

These are Delicious!!!!  Hot Nuang (BBQ Eggs)

Boiled duck eggs!  One of  Vietnamese Ah Pek  spoke very well mandarin to me, he put the eggs on our table while we were taking dinner,  he recommended me to eat the boiled duck egg.  I jumped up from the chair when I was told that  the duck eggs have been incubated  for fifteenth days,  they believe it’s good for health. So cruel!!! 

Hair shampoo in small pack still can get in Vietnam city.


Painting Shop

Petrol station on Mekong River

Motorcycles!!!  I watched how the traffic police man control the traffic! I began to salute him!!


Post Office

Tourist Shopping - Ben Thanh Market





Row row.... row your boats (sampan)

Life on Mekong River!





Boiling water at roadside stall

Business Mekong Delta in the morning!



so desperate to earn a living

Coffin carried by boat

Visit Bee Farm




Chu Chi Tunnels - There were also a numerous 500 pound bombs craters made by the bombers.

Chu Chi Tunnels

beloved family buried beside the house







Busy Transportation on the river

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! What a GREAT experience! Sorry i haven't seen it earlier.
    The pics are amazing esp."Life at Mekon river" and the tunnel OMG?!?! I will never ever fit in there! So tinyyyyy!!
    What a great experience Thanks for sharing with us! At least i can see Vietnam thru you!! Weeee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P/S: I forgot to say the duck eggs... yes sadly isn't it.. The philippines also eat those you know... cruel & i saw on the discovery channel when they cracked open the chick's head fall off... ERkkk... they grabbed it and swallow whole! >.< aiyaaaaa!!!
    Off tv!!! >.<

    ReplyDelete