Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Keep My Dream Alive!


With the end of April fast approaching, each day I continue to work hard to keep my dream alive even though I am having really hard/stressful  time during the past few weeks. My mom had kidneys failure and she has been on dialysis, three times a week for the rest of her life.  We all  love her  so much but  there's nothing to be done to really fix her health problems.  There are so many other things that my family members are  going through -- too many to list. Thanks God that her  first dialysis went well with no problems. She had to change her eating habits and  this has completely changed her  life too. We are  try to make her  life better as much as we can. I've been by her  side through this whole horrible process, and I'm not going anywhere.

I have lots to do!  I will not stop during my stressful time. I  start to go  back to my dance routine and went to Hadia belly dance workshop, only Saturday. So happy to see Hadia, she is one of my respected dance teacher!  As usual, I still participated in her ‘Body Logic workshop’. What Hadia did was to start with technique, she had us drilling proper move many times.  She was giving so much information through the entire 3 hours to help the new participants understand the nature of oriental style dancing. I can see some of the new participants  felt uneasy of her Body Logic combination sequences.  That was very useful and I am really glad to polish my technique, I love that!  The afternoon workshop was the drumsolo!  You know me well, I hate choreography, I never dance it and never teach it. I always choose to create my own choreography. The drumsolo workshop was great cause I rehearsed many time in her  technique class, I actually felt I was dancing a lot in this workshop,  I was exhausted by the end of the 3 hours.

I had an amazing rehearsal last week  with my students. Not only the class was great, the students  are all working hard, they are all so respectful. I have loads of interesting news and events to spice up your dancing life!  I am starting to think about the beginning of May. This time of year always reminds me of celebrations – Mother’s day and Penang World Belly Dance Day charity event. I am participating  my solo dance, wish me luck to complete the whole choreograph.  


1 comment:

  1. Dear Annie, when i miss u terribly on FB, i go to your blog!!
    So glad you have updated it!!
    Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope & pray all will slowly go well with her.
    It must be tiring so i pray for God to give you more health & all the supportment you & mom-mom needs to go thru this phase. :)

    At first i felt a lost not going to Hadia's WS so thanks for sharing some experiences here in your blog. At least i get to understand abit thru you here. :D
    All the best for May! So excited...
    P/S: I know i'll miss you terribly when you go to Cairo. I really wish & (Sighs!) i can go esp. with you!!
    Hmmm.m... not gonna cry here. (hehe)
    To more excitements to come!! Here goes!! :D

    ReplyDelete