Friday, July 8, 2011

Rockin’ Raqs Sarqi Gala Show 2011

Mercedes Nieto Workshop & 4th Annual Exotic Raqs Sharqi Gala Show!!!!
From 18 November to 20 November 2011.

We had our new costumes measurement taken in the studio last night!! So happy to see my students were so excited! Yay…! They will look stunning in their sparkle belly dance sets soon! Especially any of my troupe, because I know how hard they work and practice. I want to give them a performance opportunity, and not because I feel I have to prove anything to myself or anybody else, or justify myself in any way. What I'd really LOVE to see is pics of all you ladies in your absolute FAVORITE costume--the costume that fits perfectly, look terrific, and inspires you to dance your best every time you put it on! I am very thankful that my dance troupe also love it’ And same to me, I am thrilled for my brand new solo costume too, the new style look so simple, I love it!!!!! Whatever the reason, with this show I feel that I finally have the confidence to say, this is the theme for the show  I want  to name it “Raqs Sarqi Gala Show 2011”.  I feel confident with it and confident to give my 4th annual dinner show that title. And maybe this will sound odd, but with the confidence has also come a deep feeling of humbleness and gratefulness to everyone and everything that has come together to support, and our performances are PACKED! Stay tuned for all  details, list of teachers/guest performers will be published!!!!!!!!!!

I found my solo piece music on a CD that I purchased at a workshop. What a joy! And more joy – I love the music. Again, the artist/title were not listed. When I heard this music I was instantly transported away into movement. Sometimes you hear a song and you just know, in that instant, that you are going to create something around it. This was one of those. I was very excited to create to this piece.

Hmmm… As I am cleaning out my storage, I want to sell my old costume, those were in the days when all the embroidery was hand stitched! Those are carefully designed, one of a kind creations. Due to it being too big and too loose for me, so I really want to sell them. Be sure to contact for purchase as I don’t want to upload the picture here because I also got a ton of mails asking for price lowering , can you take detailed pictures of this part and blablabla…. and later this part will be “oh I'm not interested anymore etc & etc” ARGH…….. But hey, it’s common... can't complain too much right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment