Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Grace Heng Performed My New Tribal Fusion Choreo - 09-10 July 2011

It’s only been in the past few years that my lovely student Grace has really begun to make a name for herself in the belly dance community, Bravo!!! She’s been dancing when she was 4 years in ballet lessons. At 8, she began taking lessons in other genres including Latin and Ballroom. Then again, her mother enrolled her to my belly dance class at 9. Beside Latin and ballroom dancing, her second love is belly dancing. Due to her busy school schedule, she would choose her private classes with me based on how well that I would fit her busy schedule. For private classes that I accepted,  all  classes are taught in the context of a course. A course has a set length of hours and I conduct them professionally. 

Music : Maduro Sekmetron - This is my 3rd piece of Tribal Fusion choreography I did. Although for the most part, we agreed that Tribal Fusion choreography is characterized by sudden and quick changes of tempo, dynamics, deep back, side bends, breaks, pops, locks and etc…and there are no limits to Tribal Fusion as far as mixing styles. I didn’t have a lot of big move in all my tribal fusion choreography, it was just a genre based on the moves and aesthetic of ATS but incorporating ideas from many other dance styles. To add the dynamics bend and drop, I have to go through many stages to mimic my mentors. I went through many years of that, but I sometime I cant find my own voice. It just not easy ! As to avoid of sprain injury, I consider internal anatomy is most important because we want to dance for whole life. This knowledge became an integral part of my dancing life because I learned the basics of belly dancing from a qualified instructor, Hadia’s course!! She has a wealth of knowledge and some of it is knowledge that no one else can offer you. 

Well, long story short, I'm so happy for Grace and I'm glad to have watched this video. As she grew, she began to fell in love Tribal Fusion, and interested in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment