Monday, March 21, 2011

Dance Making

It's 5:40am…..Yup I was up early again this morning! I was especially impressed with myself this time considering I only had four hours of sleep after I arrived from K/L last night. After spent a few hours re-reading an interesting book in the bus, it got me motivated and it really got me thinking choreographies week is in full swing, plans are going full tilt for November show. I got really excited when I think of this, it makes me feel so alive!!!

The weeks seem like I’m getting longer and jam-packed with more choreography and less sleep. Tons of music to pick and ton of choreographies to do. Today is one of emotion and energy day in my class. I feel I want to cry after watching my student picked my creative combo of Tribal Fusion! It was tough combo to beat!!! Suddenly all the joy, anger, love, passion, desire, sadness and all senses in body and soul comes out like a revolution. It make me overwhelmed. I love my job and I love making dances, especially my students!!! 

Choreographically I am pleased. Dance making - I gain confidence in working prescribe form, I dare to experiment with development ideas that are more personal. What makes me want to create a particular dance in the first place? I am usually inspired by one of two things: the music or the theme, and choose an appropriate form trying to communicate to the audience. Making such a dance decision is important to dance making. Whether performing as a team, a duet or solo, the right music can have a positive or negative effect on the overall performance. 

For our opening dance, I have choose a piece of 6 minutes music. I will keep dance moves simple and flexible, so we don’t waste too much time in rehearsal. My students, be ready to practice my prescribe format with theme and variation movement. Again I feel the most alive when I’m choreographing… 

2 comments:

  1. I wish i was there... wahhhh... hahahahaaha... it must have been LOVELY to be apart of your class, i am sure!
    Now i'm not sure if u've welcome comments and viewers back to your blog yet?
    But i couldn't resists saying CONGRATULATIONS!
    Heheheehehehe. Now off you go, into your happy world full of emotions & suprises and fun and... (well, it's a long lists) u see. Stay Happy & Relaxed & enjoying every bit of what life has for you!
    Tata for now deary! :D

    -Katz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katz, Thank you and really excited now! I'm sooooooo looking forward to the workshop! But gonna miss you....never mind, we will meet up in the workshop soon. (Mercedes workshop in November)Yipeeeee...Hugs!

    ReplyDelete