Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Group Isis Wings Performance

When everyone saw a dramatic piece where I used big and colorful Isis wings in last November, they said very pretty and asked me to start the wings class. Um….speaking from personal experience here :) Isis wings have to practice really hard. Isis wings required appropriate posture and arm carriage technique. The minor things like keeping the armpits pointed towards the audience, think of classical arms to keep shoulders down, the tiredness of your shoulder when practice bird arms etc. It is very important to identify which muscles move when you are doing a movement to ensure it is done correctly. This is so true of all things belly dance related – I mean props!

I never think I would start teaching the wings dance until recently. Couple of weeks ago, I started wings dance for Nicole and her sister in private class. The wings dance to be presented on her wedding night. I came up with some plans for practicing step rather than just spinning around prettily. Here are 2 videos to show how they work on the spinning technique…. Do you notice the different technique between 2 of them?
 


 

Wednesday Night 15th September - This was a most exciting night, myself, Nicole and her sister, we performed our group Isis Wings. We were assured that the stage was set up for 3 of us. And, wow... what an amazing turnout for the wedding night! Of course, we were the beautiful Isis won the big WOW. I enjoyed hearing audience "ooh and aah" on that night. The audience really love our wing moves during our performance!! Unfortunately, we didn't take a lot of photos, but I think we did a pretty good job. Well done Nicole and Siew Kiang!!! And thanks to Nicole involving Arabesque in her big night.

No comments:

Post a Comment