Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Back From Egypt
























































My trip to Egypt was a very fun and enjoyable in experience the history and culture of the dance I love so much.

Visited to the most famous monuments of ancient Egypt - Giza Pyramids. It was cool! Joo Nee and I got camel ride …hehe….seriously I afraid of falling down when the camel walk fast. The middle pyramid... It's really small tunnel and we have to bend over to about waist height while walking up and down to a very steep ramps... it's not too easy. (Luckily I did my yoga routine every day so I wont felt backache). Huh....It REAL hot inside!!! It's very cool to be inside a pyramid, but to be honest there is nothing to see except a small room…. We stay there for less than 5 minutes. Everything is gone to the Egyptian Museum in Cairo and around the world.

We headed to the Sphinx and snap more pictures then head back to the Stables...it is bad that the Sphinx’s nose had been broken.

Headed to Egyptian Museum and see King Tut’s treasures up close. Sadly we are not allowed to snap inside the building. It got so much fabulous stuff, which really makes it amazing... but it's also got so much fabulous stuff that its packed and every room has item after item next to each other...oh! my eyes get tired….it's difficult to appreciate one single item because the tour guide explained fast and lead us to next …..

I took many photos at the Temples and Mosques and feel the awe of such ancient works of art. It was amazing we took a cruise down the Nile and walk through the tombs in the Valley of the Kings. It is also 1st time I learn how Papyrus paper are made.
There is so much to see and experience. This was an experience I did not set out to have in life, but glad I did.
Have you ever try the Egyptian food? I don’t really enjoy the local food there. Among the food, Koshary is only my favorite!

Last night I attended one of my friend’s birthday dinner. It was my big delicious dinner after 11 days of adventure in Cairo, Egypt. I really miss my home cook food after the trip.

2 comments:

  1. Annie, finally u are back from this beautiful country. So, did u take photo with MUMMY? Waiting for more pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy,

    I did. I can give you a copy when we meet later.

    ReplyDelete