Sunday, June 6, 2010

Too Greedy...

I have a long holiday last week and have caught up on all pending sleep. Now that I’m back, and while I was reflecting on this pile of work, I realized that my long pending to do list kept getting longer and longer. Argh… Life becomes a never ending cycle of tasks and deadlines.


I'm working on something relatively new for me, more advance choreography, focused on what most of us call layering, core isolations, shimmies, foot placement patterns and put it all together in an exciting new choreography. And it all seems like a good idea to me in the moment. Wowee!


One of my student mentioned that my choreography is too difficult and too many moves/patterns. That is an excellent point, because I consider dancing to the music is the most important quality a dancer can have, isolate and dance to the various beat and melody was at the top of my list. Yes, I agreed sometime the M.E.D music is too complex, the beats and musicality offer countless options to move to. Yes, I think I am too greedy, I want to dance to all the nuances (this is what I heard from my student - too many movement) which is often way too much! I have no doubt some of them had a lot of fun with my new choreography, but at the end of the class they seemed exhausted, Now I know why.


Never mind, we will work on the quality of a step, you will get better! It is great that I have given this feedback. There are countless things I need to work on!!

2 comments:

  1. I believe you did a good job!
    Teacher and students GO BLAST!
    Then you'll be on your way back to a normal lifestyle that DOES have good work-life balance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!I really appreciate all nice words you write here! Kiss!

    ReplyDelete