Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Miss Photogenic Contest & Dance Talent - Part II

I didn’t watch the semi final photogenic competition last night. Here I’m going to tell you what I heard later from my student that the contestants kicked the night off by singing, performing of Thai Tradition Dance (Lai Kah Thong), Chinese Umbrella Dance and the Modern Oriental Dance from my Arabesque Troupe - Audrey. She performed the piece of choreographed dance by me and she improvised it entering with a veil to spin around a couple of times and then discard it. This was really great entrance piece.

I was told that the belly dance had been great. It was of high quality and was most enjoyable which made me regret a little my decision to miss it. Audrey told me she wont feel panic at all, she proudly danced to the end of the long piece of music in front of the large audience and the judges. How impressed I’m because she understands the meaning of bellydance.


Oh, yes! It's nice to know our belly dance was a truly WOW with a real bang! I assume this was more or less to surprise to local people here, since Alor Star is not well known in the oriental dance world.
Later I was informed that the finalist will be on 29 Feb 2009 which I sure will be even greater to watch my student perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment