Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hosting Belly Dance Workshops


It is not easy hosting belly dance workshops. I always encourage my students to take workshops and seminars when they can afford. Believe it or not, Alor Star doesn’t attract a lot of belly dance workshops. (which I have time to discuss later, in detail).

Finally the 2nd workshops with Nigma – Private, Drumsolo & Shaabi (Part II) was over. Thank you for Jenix & Lisa signed up full day private workshop with Nigma. I’m sure both of you have learnt the typical techquine/movements.

This time the size of the class did not feel excessive. I explained to Nigma that this would probably be a small class and that there would not be a lot of students, therefore I could not pay a big salary. I wasn’t looking to make a lot of money, just to have a good time. But it is good we were all under the watchful eyes of Nigma as she devoted herself to teaching us the choreography and she was always ready to respond to our requests for her to dance or repeat a movement again and again. We really enjoyed very much. Nigma is such a wonderful teacher - I feel better learning from her. Her teaching method and her drills are effective. There is so much to learn from her to improve one's dance posture, style, techniques and overall understanding of our own body to dance better. Her brisk and businesslike teaching woke us all up and we all danced with intensity till the time for the next workshop came. I really appreciated her teaching skill that led us at a fast pace through the workshops.

By the time the final session finished, just before 6PM, I was almost collapsing. Dancing and drilling all day after 3 hour sleep had drained me.

Finally, I'd like to thank Nigma for all the hard works and all the workshop participants for friendships. Special THANK to Mee Mee for helping me sending Nigma to Penang.

Practice makes perfect, and one of the best ways to practice your technique is by drilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment