Monday, June 23, 2008

Learning, Practice, Keep Dancing...


I know that we all learn more and more all the time. I am still learning everyday. This is why we need Master Belly Dancers to share their skills and passion with you. Find the best teacher you can, ask for her credentials and observe her class. Check out as many teachers as you can find, and compare to determine who is more professional and artistic and who you can connect with the best.

LEARNING can be empowering, fun, and energizing - or it can be frustrating and discouraging - depending on your skills in learning. But how can we learn how to learn?

Learning is a lifelong process. Especially learn how to belly dance, learn anatomy to protect from injury, and how to tell your student to move their bodies, and learn the Arabic music including an understanding of the instruments and the rhythms. No matter what, dispel the myths that support a false image of the dance as seen by the outside world.

Yes, my only personal wish is that Belly Dance keep some of its traditions. I love tribal, and all kinds and fusions as you know, but I hope that some dancers retain the original roots, because I truly love its beautiful tradition and middle eastern music most of all. To me, that is the main reason I went into Belly Dancing, although I also like to have fun and create crazy stuff
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment