Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Basics of ATS First.


The ATS Tribal (Level 1) workshop just completed in last week . I don't really know the excat difference between tribal fusion and tribal before I took up Nigma’s Workshop. Nigma explained is such detail during her workshop. It confirmed alot of what I already knew, but also made other things alot clearer to me.

This was the first time I really learnt & it was hard work but definitely pays off in refining technique for isolations!!! Especialy I know where the movement originates in the body & folkloric techniques. This is a great opportunity to learn from the masters. Thanks to Paola Blaton for organized this.

For all of you belly dancers out there (whether you are tribal, fusionists), in fact,. after spending several years attending workshop, I still recommend to all of you to study traditional forms of “bellydance,” whether it feels relevant to your tribal dance or not. It is great to learn and it is also important in ANY style to start at the beginning and work your way through, with humility and an open mind.

The dance is a living thing, evolving and changing over time. We often learn from each other, and we support one another as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment