Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Price Of Suscess




Being home is luxury!  I’m home for my  laundry, repack, catch up on e-mails, go to class for rehearse and get ready for the next event.  It’s not as relaxing as I’d like, but there is something about it that helps me regroup. One of my best  friend told me she noticed  “the price of success” in me!  But to me I say “the price of success” strikes me as too high to pay. The energy, time, effort  and money! Most of the time I wake up with sore muscles and a feeling of being hungover without the alcohol. Needless to say, SUCCESS - I've a long long way to  go.... Some people dream of success while I wake up and work hard at it.

Wow! It's June! Time flies by! How can it be we are already into the month of June? Aha….I feel like I blinked and missed a few months. For past 2 months my life has rushed past, leaving me feeling buffeted. I want to throw the breaks on but I cant. Do I need an assistant? Someone that can help me to return calls and update websites, edit and upload videos and photos so that  I can focus on dance. I have to tell you something,  I am not prepare my own solo dance  well because I was just making stuff for the event most of the time.  I do have to admit to having some severe nerves about my upcoming show.  I've experienced my nervous jitters.  To be completely honest, I still get them and the mistake is not the end of the world.  Oh well, this too will pass through the experience,  I guess.  I hope. Beyond the roles of dancer or choreographer,  the stage management, costume and lighting design are also involve in planning.

For this coming June to August, I am gearing up  to start selling the Fantasy Oriental Night tickets. I feel a little more comfortable, a little more confident with each show I organise. Although  word of mouth is extremely valuable, but Serkan Tutar greatest fans is one of the need concrete reminders of upcoming shows. He deserve it and he  is  lovable simply because he is! Don't forget we also have a wonderful opportunities for exploring different kinds of dance, for experiencing intensive technical development and for networking. A lot of you have emailed me about the Serkan Tutar’s show and workshop.  Yay… I am  excited! So like I said it should be an interesting night of  belly dancing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment