Monday, April 18, 2011

My Morning Pages - Focus!!!!!

I had a good sleep in last few night! I am fully-recharged and Zombie Zombie Zombie get off me!!!

I just can’t wait to get back to my teaching class!  After a week off, our dancing class started last week. At the studio, I’ve been doing some oriental dance classes. This is where I put on music, have no plan (no time to plan) and just dance. With basic step of course…so everyone can follow and just dance.

I have too many songs and too many things in my head and it keeps me going throughout the day!!! I need to be prompt, work hard and focus on my choreography. And here’s what I discovered : Learn to take criticism from my pro course feedback,  any  feedback  to be digest and converted into my strength. That is SO encouraging and challenging! So yes, I believe in no pain, no gain, I viewed in a positive way and it can spur me to do better.

Oh, I need to start my morning pages! Morning Pages have been on my “to-do” list since last year! What that means is, every morning, as soon as I wake up, straight away I went to my Morning Pages’ journal. It’s become my habits and that helps me get out of bed. My Morning Pages took away my negativity and helped me focus on what I wanted. Since then, I woke up 30 minutes earlier than I usually did and grabbed my journal notebook and wrote my Morning Pages. Then I got ready and went to work. Of course, sometime when I was too tired I can lose track of my thought, I just leave it blank or I write “I don’t know what to write” ;) Hmmm…. these pages are just for my eyes, only me can see!

So this is something that I’ll have to focus on doing. I need to wake up earlier in the mornings so I can get more done since my full-time job sucks so much time and energy out of me. I am definitely going to give this a try again! I am ready, I will pick it up a pen until I finish three pages. And write them every day from now. Consistency is key to results - – Hurray for me!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. This is a really good way, i was reading it also at one of those mom's-book i borrowed from the library. I haven't practice it yet but i think ure doing a wonderful job at it!!
    Good for u and keep it up, it feels good to be organised nad haveing a good headstart in the morning!
    -katz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katz,
    Thanks for your comments. It is not easy to wake up early...because I am a zombie. "alamak...tak cukup tidur la" I really love that morning pages, so will keep up.
    Much Love,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete